Ok, so working at a hotel I’ve come across some really cool nice people and some complete doucheshits. In this case to lead up to this classy little explanation was because of a douchefuck.
The threesome and which suits you best.
-Cash vs Credit vs Debit
So credit cards are the number one way to pay for a room, most hotels accept any type of credit card, some don’t accept American Express but that’s on rare occasions.
- Easiest way to pay for a hotel room, standard payment method. Only verify’s and takes out EXACTLY how much is needed for the room.
- Paying back the money at the end of the month because it’s a credit card, you’re borrowing money.
Debit cards are a nice way to pay for the room because you’re using the money that you already.
- You’re using money that you already have and don’t have to pay it back later. Good to use in place of a Credit Card.
- When hotels goes to verify to make sure there’s enough money on the card, your bank will make it look like it’s charging your card. IN ADDITION, many banks will take out more then what the hotel is trying to charge to make sure that you have the money to pay for the room. This is NOT the hotel charging you, it is your bank taking the money out so you can’t spend it. They’ll give back the excess money they’ve taken out in their time, usually a 24hr - 48hr period.
Cash is also a good way to pay for a room when you don’t feel like using a card or when you don’t have one.
- You pay the amount upfront and know exactly how much you have leftover. Most times excess fees like safe tax’s are taken off upfront becase cash does not cover the safe insurance.
- Cash does not guarantee a reservation, so if you make a reservation and do not give a card and someone else wants that room, they’ll have to give that room away.
- Cash stays require a either a card that can be charged for incidentals or an upfront deposit that you can claim back in the morning.
Make sure to look at your options and pick which method is best for you!
Also…If you do a cash deposit on a room, either make sure they check ID’s to give back the deposit or don’t let any of your roommates know you did a cash deposit..